Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Week One

My aquarium contains the water from site four a horse farm pond in Knox County. first obvious changes I noticed the water level difference. It had decreased about 2 cm. I also saw that there where several air bubbles caught up in the amblystegium varium and the rhynchostegium serrulatum. My first observation through the microscope I noticed alot of movment from the rotifers. Every glance I saw at least two of the rotifers, relatively the same size. Some where feeding on the amblystegium varium. Out of all the organisms they were the fastest. I found at least three cyclops. All very still with little movement. For about five minutes i watch an arm growth from a difflugia. In the beginning I recognized it a a growing flagella but then noticed the arm would latch on to other organisms then the body of the difflugia would follow. The difflugia started growing two arms. After a while the arms collided.     

No comments: